Important Chapters & Topics of Maths for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam 2021
Those students who have studied for the whole year and have completed their syllabus are aiming to score the highest possible marks. Similarly, those who have not completed their whole syllabus are finding ways to achieve a respectable score whereas those who did not pay attention during the whole session are in a quest to gain at least passing marks.
Hence we are putting up the important chapters of mathematics for CBSE class 12th board examination prepared by the subject experts of Anjit Academy; to aid the preparation of all types of students.
- To help a below-average student pass the class 12th math board examination.
- For targeting respectable marks in math, in case of an average student.
- T o help get maximum marks in math as desired by the well-prepared student.
According to the subject experts of Anjit Academy, there are few chapters and topics of mathematics which can help you pass your class 12th math board paper. We are mentioning below these Important Chapters and topics of Maths for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam-
- Under the important chapters of Maths for CBSE Class 12th board exam “Relations and Functions, you should cover all the important topics as mentioned in the table of this article. This carries a total weightage of 8 marks.
- “Algebra (Matrices and Determinant)” is another important chapter for CBSE Class 12th Maths board paper. It can easily be covered in less time, and according to the CBSE blueprint, it will carry a total of 10 marks in the maths paper.
- In “Calculus” some portions are easy as compared to rest of it. Also, since it bears a total weightage of 35 marks, you should certainly not miss the whole chapter.
Following are the important subtopics of this chapter along with their expected marking weightage-
- Check Continuity and Differentiability of any functions – questions of 2 to 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Logarithmic Differentiation – questions of 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Substitution method (In Inverse) – questions of 2 to 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Higher-order Derivative – questions of 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Rate of Increase or Decrease of water, sand etc. – questions of 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Increasing and Decreasing Function – questions of 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Maxima Minima Word Problem – questions of 6 marks can be asked from it.
- Equation of Tangent and Normal – questions of 2 marks can be asked from it.
- The angle between two vectors- you can expect questions of 2 marks from this topic.
- Area of triangle and Parallelogram – questions of 2 marks are generally framed from this topic.
Just cover these five chapters and the indicated crucial topics of CBSE class 12th Maths, to easily secure the passing marks.
CBSE Class XII Preparation Tips: Topics for scoring Good Marks in Mathematics.
A student, who has covered all the chapters of his class 12th Maths syllabus, should master the following important topics to get maximum marks in mathematics board paper.
|Chapters||Total Marks weightage of the chapter||Important Topics||Expected marks|
|Relations and Functions||08||Equivalence relation||6 marks|
|Properties of functions (Commutative, Associative, Identity, Invertibility )||6 marks|
|Inverse of function,||1 marks|
|Composition of function||1 marks|
|Principal Value||1 marks|
|Simplify by using Formula of Inverse||2/4 marks|
|Algebra (Matrices & Determinant)||10||Finding values of variable by equality of matrices||1 marks|
|Symmetric and Skew Symmetric matrix||2 marks|
|Elementary Row transformation||6 marks|
|Solution of Simultaneous Linear Equation and Inverse of Matrix by Cofactors||6 marks|
|Consistency and Inconsistency||4 marks|
|Calculus (Continuity and Differentiability Application of derivatives, Integrals)||35||Check Continuity and Differentiability of any functions.||2/4 marks|
|Logarithmic differentiation||4 marks|
|Substitution method (In Inverse)||2/4 marks|
|Higher order Derivative||4 marks|
|Rate of Increase/Decrease of water||4 marks|
|Increasing and Decreasing Function||4 marks|
|Maxima Minima Word Problem||6 marks|
|Equation of Tangent and Normal||2 marks|
|Solving by by Part Rule and Partial Fraction in Integration||6 marks|
|Applications of Some standard Formulas and forms||6 marks|
|Questions based on properties||4 marks|
|Limit of Sum||6 marks|
|Area of Triangles by Integration||6 marks|
|General Curve as Parabola, ellipse, sphere etc||4 marks|
|Linear Differential Equation||4 marks|
|Homogeneous equation||6 marks|
|Order and Degree of Differential Equation||1 marks|
|Vectors & 3-Dimensional geometry||14||Lagrange Identity||2 marks|
|Coplanar vectors||4 marks|
|Angle between two vectors||2 marks|
|Area of triangle and Parallelogram||2 marks|
|Different Condition based vector solution||4/6 marks|
|Vector and Cartesian equation of line and Plane||4 marks|
|Equation of Plane which contain line of Intersection of planes||4 marks|
|Shortest Distance in vector as well as Cartesian plane||6 marks|
|Equation of Plane and line passing through point and perpendicular to two planes||4 marks|
|05||Construction of LPP to Maximize/Minimize||4 marks|
|Graphical Method||4 marks|
|Diet problem/ Manufacturing problems.||6 marks|
|Probability||08||Conditional Probability||4 marks|
|Baye’s Theorem||6 marks|
|Finding mean and Variance||4 marks|
|Random variable (Probability Binomial Distribution||6 marks|
|Binomial Distribution||6 marks|