Top 7 Ways to Memorise Mathematics Formulas
Are you worried about learning complex maths formulas? Having sleepless nights thinking and learning these formulas? Well, if you say yes to this, then you are definitely not resorting to proper methods of memorizing maths formulas. Subjects such as mathematics and physics include formulas that demand students to fully understand them and learn them by heart. And, this is possible only if you have a well-planned strategy to learn formulas.
This blog talks about some of the top ways that can certainly support you in memorizing the formulas and never forget them. Here they are-
- Relax & Concentrate: The most important thing is to relax your mind and focus on your maths formula. Remember, with a stressed or turbulent state of mind, you can never understand the sutras, because the brain loses its ability to learn new. Furthermore, it becomes a complex task for you to learn what you want. So, you need to calm your mind and absorb the sutras with a deeper level of intensity.
- Practice & Practice: This is the key to winning over complex formulas. If you are learning it orally or leaving it on your eidetic memory, then you are likely to get entangled with a formula for a long time.
- Emphasise on one Formula at a Time: If you think that you can cram in multiple formulas at a time then you might not be proved right. Though you can learn them all, you won’t be able to remember them for long. So, the hack here is to focus on one formula at a time and practice it until you are a pro in it. What you can do is to take up at least 3 problems based on that one formula and solve them. Repeat this with every formula that you keep on learning. This way, the formulas will settle deep in your brain.
- Understand all the Knicks & Knacks: Each of your formulas should be crystal clear so that you don’t have any doubts and eliminate what you don’t understand. Do not hesitate to seek help from the teachers of your school or the coaching institute that you have joined. They will be readily available to correct your doubts. Correct understanding of the formulas and its derivation will definitely benefit you in the long run.
- Keep away with all Distractions: Not only the gadgets you use need to be talked under this heading, but your physical desires like hunger, thirst, drowsiness, etc., also need to be kept away.
- Learn the Derivation of Every Formula: Derivation of a formula will help you familiarise with the roots and concepts of that formula which can help you retain the same for long time in your brain. Moreover, when you derive a formula, you come across a number of other formulas. That way you can memorize just the bare minimum number of formulae that you need to derive the rest from.
- Use Memorizing Tricks:Try to create a story that involves everything you are trying to learn. The sequence of a story can help you to remember things in a particular order.