8 Smart Tips to Concentrate on Studies
Are you having trouble in concentrating on your studies ? Well, don’t worry – it happens to the best of students. To concentrate on your studies, you may just need to shake up your study patterns, study in a quieter place free of outside distraction, try a new technique, or simply come up with a really effective study plan that allows your mind breaks as often as you need.
Here’s Some Techniques and Methods I apply. I hope they help !
- Destructive Continuing Studies: You are well aware that continuous study weakens your intellectual ability. Therefore, study small amounts of syllabus every day instead of taking huge part. If you hurry up with all the chapters that you have not yet covered, you will be able to miss it very little for the exam day. The optimal duration of continuous study is 2 hours. After a 5-minute break each period of 2 hours can again be broken into a 25-minute slot of solid study. If you need to continue studying, take a break of about 20 minutes after every 2 hours.
- Relax your Mind: When you are on a ‘break’, you should keep your mind free from any examination related thoughts or stress. If you do not break your mind, the next round of studies will not be as effective.
- Split your Syllabus: The study material in a syllabus can be divided into core material and elaborate material. While the main content includes critical theories, theories, formulas, critical diagrams and illustrations, the detailed content includes examples, citations, illustrations, etc. More than 80 percent of the questions asked in an exam are likely to come from core material. So, if you are struggling with incomplete syllabus, then focus on the main content of different subjects.
- Writing is a better Tool than Highlight: Reading chapters and highlighting important passages helps a lot, but when you write down important points that you read in a rough paper or in your notebook, it helps you retain information even more. Read the important points allowed and then write them down.
- Flashback Strategy: You paste one or two chart papers on the wall of your study room and write dates, formulas, formulas and title-bits about important information that is very difficult to learn. Keeping them in front of your eyes at all times will help you remember them. Make flashcards for difficult bits and place them around the study table.
- Supervision: Most students stay up late at night to revise before the exam. You need to remember that it is proper sleep that changes your short-term memory, which you have just studied, for long-term memory — that you can remember by sitting in the exam hall. Therefore, take 7-8 hours of sleep every day to ensure that all the studies of your day are actually maintained by your brain.
- Get Enough Sleep : The benefits of sleep are practically innumerable. Not only are your hormones regulated and information synthesized, but it helps you fire on all pistons the next day, too. In fact, trying to focus while overly tired is physically similar to trying to focus while drunk.
- Most people need between 7-9 hours of sleep a night. Some a little more, some a little less. How many hours do you like to sleep, when you don’t have to set an alarm?
- Eat Healthy:You are what you eat after all, and if you eat healthy, your mind will be healthy, too. Aim to eat your favourite colourful fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean meats and dairy, nuts (not greasy fries/chips and fattening candy), and good fats, like the ones in dark chocolate and olive oil. A healthy diet will keep you more energized and make it easier to put your mind to the test.
- Avoid white foods like white bread, potatoes, flour, grease and sugar. They’re just “dead” foods and sugary drinks that cause you to crash in class and at study time.
I hope these few simple tips help you in the long run ! Motivation is something that will be there occasionally but not always. It’s up to you and you alone to push yourself into the books. After all, studying is to help you and nobody else. And last but not the least, Be positive and don’t lose faith in yourself; Every little bit of time is precious. If they need your help, contact with Us.
Study hard no matter if it takes time, no matter if it seems impossible, no matter if you have to pull up all night, just remember that the feeling of success is the best feeling in this world.